Franchising remains an important and exciting way to either turbo charge an existing business, or to buy into an already proven business framework and brand as a franchisee.
Franchising is a form of licensing where the owner (the Franchisor) of a brand, or product or service attains distribution through dealers (Franchisees) who normally receive sole permission to run the franchise over a set geographic location. The Franchisor assists the Franchisee with marketing, branding, and operations.
Franchising is a proven model for growth, it’s a growing industry, and we can help you succeed in it.
Franchising is its own specialised area of law. We can provide you with assistance through the entire process of becoming a franchise, or entering into a franchise arrangement. Our services cover:
- Franchise disclosure documents
- Franchise agreements
- Ensuring compliance with the ‘Franchising Code’ (Competition and Consumer (Industry Codes – Franchising) Regulation 2014)
- Breach notices arising from franchise agreements
- Litigation on cases under the Competition and Consumer Act
- Payments, including royalties and levies
- Commercial leases
- Issues around selling franchises to third parties
If you are running a business and are considering franchising as an avenue to growth, you can speak with one of our lawyers about how the process could work for your business from a legal as well as operational and financial point of view.
If you are considering becoming a franchisee then we can advise you on all the questions you may have, and to gain a perspective on how we can make the process smoother and more considered.
Complete the form on this page or call us for a chat.
We can assist you with: