We understand that when you’re starting out, legal is usually the last thing on your mind. So if contracts and legal fees have been pushed to the bottom of your to do list, you’re in the right place. OpenLegal provides the security and authority of a larger firm, with start-up-friendly prices.
The OpenLegal team can help make the seemingly endless list of paperwork a breeze. We’re able to help with everything from company registrations to website terms and conditions, services agreements and founders agreements.
We can help with:
- Legal advice on starting a business
- Service agreements
- Drafting shareholders agreements
- Advising on business structures including partnerships, trusts and companies
- Advising on corporate structure, governance and compliance, and ongoing legislative requirements
- Capital raising
- Lending agreements
- Employee share and option schemes
- Lease agreements
- Business name registration
- Buying and selling a business
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and sales
- Debt collection
- Advising on business management and administration
- Employment law – employment contracts, employee rights, unfair dismissal claims and confidentiality agreements
- Advising non-profits and charities
- Corporate litigation
Any new business must get set up correctly from the very beginning, but for startups, getting it right is even more critical. Take your intellectual property, for example. Without the proper legal protections in place, you could be putting your entire business at risk.
Then there’s the shareholders’ agreement, which sets out the relationship between shareholders and directors. You also need to ensure that your startup’s intellectual property is protected, especially when it comes to employees, clients and contractors. Add to that employment contracts, employee share schemes and equity agreements… it’s a lot to consider.
The success of your startup will live or die based on the employees you bring on board. Although you might plan to start small, you’ll inevitably need to start hiring at some point. If your project goes to plan and your startup scales quickly, you’ll need to have the legals solidly in place.
We get it: launching a business is stressful. Let us deal with the legal side, while you get on with perfecting your big idea.
We can assist you with:
- Partnership / founder agreements
- Supplier contracts
- Business / corporate structuring
- Capital raising issues
- Term sheets
- Employee contracts, internship contracts
- Website / App / Webapp Terms
- Software licensing
- Digital law – privacy, T&Cs
- Migration – work visas to bring international talent to Australia